Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, November 14, 2011

Birthday Celebrations!!!

I love birthdays... and holidays... and ANY reason to celebrate!!!
I so appreciate all of the sweet birthday wishes yesterday when I celebrated turning 23 years old!

This morning when I got to work, as soon as I walked in the door Channing sang "Happy Birthday" and I opened a HUGE birthday present: 2 movies - "Persuasion" and "Emma" (Kerinda knows me SO well - huge fan of Jane Austen!), a box of my favorite popcorn (Popsecret Homestyle), a box of Apple Cider, and a huge, purple, soft blanket! Too bad I have to wait to use them - I could REALLY go for a movie day right now.

My mom and grandparents sent me some new clothes and a fun cake pan and Jamie made me a super cute magnetic/dry erase board to hang in my room! I had a few friends over last night to eat pie and ice cream, too. It was a very calm, low-key day... these kind of days are very much welcomed in my life!

I'm excited to celebrate my birthday this weekend at Jake's parent's house a couple hours away from here. :)

Unfortunately, the Broncos lost this weekend and it didn't snow on my birthday... but that's okay.

Birthdays are a good time to take a look at the last year (WOW.) and the year to come (Oh dear.) and think about who I have been, who I want to be, and all the things that God has done in me. I think some intense journaling is in order at some point in the near future. I don't like to just endure life to "get through" - I want to be intentional about growing and not growing stagnant or complacent. I don't want to be today who I was a year ago, because I am hopefully maturing and growing. I do believe that God will carry on to completion the work He began in me; His mercies are new everyday and He continues to transform me by the renewing of my mind, but do I CLAIM that new identity? Just something to think about. Do I really live as though I am being made new?

No comments:

Post a Comment