Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple Revelation.

I LOVE hearing from the Lord. When some piece of truth just CLICKS in my head and I GET it. Just one glimpse of His grace, one reminder of His love, one hint of His steady faithfulness... always leave me so in awe of my Savior.

This morning I wrote in my journal "I don't like that I dread weekdays." For the past several weeks, I feel like it has taken a miracle just to make it through each day, which have been so emotionally, physically, and mentally straining. Recognizing this pattern, I was NOT looking forward to jumping right back into the grind this time around. I'll just stay in the weekend for a while, thank you very much. 

I read Psalm 25 and the commentary in my NIV Study Bible that described that chapter as "lifting up the soul in reliance on God."

[This is when the "I get it" moment hit...]

How ironic that I'm going through an extremely difficult time of weariness as I learn more about depending on God versus other people. (This theme is even evident in my recent blog posts.) There is definitely a correlation here... I am struggling because I need to learn to seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto [me]. God is so intimately involved in our lives! He knows that I need to struggle in order to know Him more.

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasating away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary trouble is achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:16

The word "therefore" at the beginning of those verses refers to the couple of verses before it that talk about faith in the One who raised Christ from the dead and God's grace that "is reaching more and more people [and] may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God." (according to the commentary) I love that! Therefore we do not lose heart! We do not give up! We are "Being renewed because of the flame of resurrection life burning within ... To fix our eyes on [our light and momentary troubles, which are temporary] would cause us to 'lose heart.'" (more notes from the commentary)

I don't want to lose heart. No matter the struggle. THEREFORE, I will fix my eyes on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment