Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ah, The Testing of Your Faith...

...develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:3-4

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stance. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character; hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us." Romans 5:1-5

Wow. I love that I just opened up my blog and these two verses came right to mind. :)

I know that my sentiments on rejoicing yesterday are still true today, but they definitely seem harder to follow. I woke up exhausted with a sore throat. Bleh. I got a parking ticket last night. Lame. My British Lit exam tomorrow is TWENTY PERCENT of my grade, the study guide is ridiculously long and complicated, and I'm skipping my first morning class to study. Oh my, Lord. I did the wrong reading assignment this weekend for my comm class tonight, so I need to get caught up today. Meh.

Yet, in all this, I am confident that "in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

And that's all I've got for ya today. Here's to a productive, perseverance-filled day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment