Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 5, 2011

The Joy of Weekends -

Gosh, I am SO thankful for this weekend! As stated in my previous two posts, last week was pretty rough, but this weekend was full of just the kind of refreshment I needed. I hope every weekend this semester is as fun, relaxing and productive. Granted, I had an extra 24 hrs due to Labor Day, but that was probably necessary, considering the circumstances. Not every week will be as strenuous as the last one. (Please, Lord!)

I am reminded that "though the sorrow may last for the night, His joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5). Also - "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. [...] For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far out weighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:8-9, 17-18).

This weekend, apparently, reminds me of HOPE.

Bad days don't last forever. When I'm sad, joy is coming. When I'm confused and frazzled, peace is mine. When people don't treat me the way they should, I am STILL not alone. I am so incredibly grateful that I can live my life this way. The outcome of tomorrow is not contingent on today. His mercies are new EVERY morning, and as a child of God, I am so blessed to be able to relish in His goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I constantly need to remind myself that His mercies are new every morning. Thanks for doing it for me this time :]

    ReplyDelete