Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rejoice!

"This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What a lovely morning this has been!

I am starting to truly cherish my early morning quiet times with the Lord. In order to make this happen, I've been waking up an hour earlier than I did last year. 4:30am comes awfully early, but I'm tired by 9:30 or 10:00 at night anyways, so it works out just fine. :) [Tresbien, I took your wise words to heart in your comment on my last post....] Starting the morning being REAL with God. It's not about just reading words or going through a ritual. It's about QUALITY time... being refreshed and renewed by the Holy Spirit. This morning I wrote this prayer in my journal:

"Jesus you are all I want and all I need. Make me so aware of Your love today - through nature, provision, unexplainable peace & joy, community with other believers - whatever it is, Lord, I need my affirmation and affection to come from YOU. I need to recognize You as my Source. Seeking that out in other people around me has proved futile."

I realized, as I found an awesome parking spot today at school (which is rare, let me tell you!), how God has been answering this prayer ever since I prayed it! The kids were great this morning, my attitude was great, I feel so rested and ready for this day, I'm prepared for all my classes and don't feel stressed out or worried, I treated myself to a coffee at Dutch Bros. on my way to school, I got that great parking spot... It's only 10:00 in the morning and I am overwhelmed by the love of God in all of these little things. My demeanor and my perspective toward this day are different when I acknowledge where my help comes from... it's sure not from my own strength! Jesus, thank you for romancing my heart!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...I get up at 4:30 too. It seems so EARLY but God never fails to amaze me. When I'm intentional about doing that and starting off by saying "God, I'm handing you today NOW because there's no way I'm doing it alone" I have more than enough energy/patience/clarity/whatever I need. But when I decide to sleep in "just this once" and rush through my quiet time (or skip it altogether), I struggle BIG time. It's totally opposite of what's expected and totally God.

    ReplyDelete