Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 26, 2011

A Great Weekend AND [surprisingly] a Great Start to the Week!

This weekend was full and fun and refreshing, as usual. I have especially enjoyed weekends since starting school as the weekdays are exhausting! I didn't do ANY homework on Saturday or Sunday - which is not normal, or recommended. I did however, take a two hour nap on Friday AND get more homework done than I planned on doing, so it's all good. :) Saturday I went to my first Bible Study in a series on the fruit of the Spirit - it went SO well! Then I went rock climbing with a group of friends - rather, I watched from the bottom while they climbed. ;-) THEN I went to the first BSU home football game - so fun!! I got to spend a lot of time chatting with my good friend, Molly, too. I love talking with her because she's GREAT at asking questions that make me think. I'm so grateful for her friendship! Sunday was full of church, Extreme Life, grocery shopping, laundry, and a neighborhood "social" with Lindsay and Liz... then I made the wise decision to go to bed early. (I never regret that decision! Especially on a Monday morning.)

I seriously think that this is the first Monday morning that I haven't dreaded the coming week... I must be making it through this season of endurance/perseverance. Praise God! It's been difficult, but oh so fruitful in my life. I totally see how God has used the past month to grow me and stretch me and draw me near to Him. For that, I am truly grateful. I know that this week will be hard (midterm in my most difficult class, a LOT of reading to catch up on, etc), but it doesn't have to be BAD. I know that God is working in me and shaping me into the confident, godly woman that He created me to be - and that gives me JOY!

2 comments:

  1. So glad your weekend went well :) I'm super excited about Saturday mornings now that life has settled down... at least for now. it never stays that way for long does it? haha. I hope your day is going really well and is productive. I missed your blog (and you!) while I was gone. Not having the internet at home is driving me insane. I can't properly multi-task which means i have to manage my time better. geez. Soon I have to head home and get productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christina! I'm so glad you got online... you always provide some great feedback to what I write - I LOVE THAT! :)

    ReplyDelete