Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jubilee, a Rodeo, a Campfire, and a Wedding...

Though these ^ all may seem vastly different, they all happen to currently be on my mind.

[Men: This is how women think. Generally, I have at least 5 things on my mind at once, while I'm physically doing about 3-4 things AND talking about something else. It's just how my mind works. I feel bad for my future husband!]

1. Jubilee.
I just posted a status on my Jubilee facebook page that reads: "Under Construction: Taking a break to restrategize!" It's the truth. I love the IDEA of what I'm doing, but I know what I'm doing wrong and I guess it doesn't make much sense to continue until I fix it. For example, I should have created a system where I'm not expected to write some kind of awesomely inspiring devo every single day. Because what do you do when friends/family come to town? Or when I travel to a rodeo? (see number 2) Or when I have writer's block for 59874 hours? (Yeah, that's annoying.) I'll tell you what you don't do, you don't sit down and write for an hour or so. It just doesn't happen. My inconsistency on Jubilee (the fb page... and blog) is proof of that! Soo... I just need to come up with a better plan... and marketing strategy and narrow in on an audience and choose a more concrete/specific topic and be consistent and encourage reader participation. This may take some time.

2. A Rodeo.
I'll be going to one of these this weekend and I'm SUPER excited! Still not sure what I'm going to where - that's an important part of a rodeo, right? - but I'll figure it out tomorrow. I went to a couple big rodeos in Texas and had a BLAST. I think I'll fit right in. Except, I've never even ridden a horse. So maybe not. But it's still going to be great!

3. A Campfire.
I just HAD one of these with the lovely York family and it was great! I love campfires a lot and I love s'mores, too. It was a great night to be outside sitting by the fire with great friends.

4. A Wedding.
Well, actually TWO weddings!
Today I went up to McCall with Sarah - a soon to be bride (next Saturday!!!) - for an appt with her wedding hairstylist. We met with her mother-in-law before the appt and talked wedding business, which was a little over my head, but quite fascinating nontheless. I'm so excited to celebrate Rick and Sarah's marriage next weekend!
Also - I skyped with my dear friend and former roommate, Nicole, last night and got all caught up on her wedding plans. AND she asked me to be a bridesmaid. This is a big deal because I've never been a bridesmaid before! I feel so honored. Super excited to plan a trip to southern california in January - that will be a like a tropical vacation spot, leaving winter in the northwest!

1 comment: