Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Enjoying Summer...

I know that I've written about this before, but sometimes it's hard for me to know how to REST. I'd rather have a full schedule and a consistent routine. I like making lists and checking them off as I go. This summer has NOT been what I expected, but I know I needed to learn to relinquish control - yet again - and trust that what God has provided is simply enough. I feel like rather than fighting that, I'm starting to ENJOY this season. It will soon be over - classes start in four and a half weeks! I've been able to serve at church a LOT of hours (painting, decorating, prep work for kids' ministry), which I wouldn't have been able to do if I was taking classes or working more. I have devoted a LOT of time to writing, which I just love love love. I've spent a LOT of time with people, building relationships, which I also love. I know that once these four and a half weeks pass, I am going to get pretty crazy with nannying and taking 15 credits, so this random-in-between time is awesome. and probably beneficial for my health. :)

So many great things are happening before school starts! Tonight two friends are driving in for a couple days so I'm going to show them around Boise. Next weekend I'm going with some friends from church to a rodeo in Eastern OR. The next weekend I'm going to a wedding and the weekend after that my mom will be here for a visit. I am one blessed lady. I have totally seen God's faithfulness and provision this past week in a greater way than I ever have before. I am full of faith and so encouraged!

PS - If you live near a Tully's coffee shop you should try the Iced Madagascar Vanilla Latte - it's very tasty!

PPS - I learned how easy it is to make delicious pasta salad last week and I've already made it for a BBQ and a bridal shower. I love learning how to cook new things!

PPPS (Maybe I should have just made a list today?! ha!) - I just finished reading "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman and I recommend it to anyone and everyone! It was a very well written, convicting, humorous book. A must read. You can check it out on amazon here: Click Me! Now I'm reading "A Praying Life" by Paul Miller - ALSO a great book! A few others on my summer reading list are: Prodigal God, Forgotten God, If You Want to Walk on Water Than You Have to Step out of the Boat, Redeeming Love (AGAIN), and I'm going through The Silent Seduction of Self Talk w/ a group of girls from my life group on Saturday mornings.
What good books are you all reading right now? What else should I add to my list of books to read?

PPPPS - I played soccer last night after life group with 5 other people and it was SO fun! I'd love to play on a team this year. Otherwise, I'd probably be content with just meeting at a park to play every so often. I forgot how aggressive I get when I play that game. I wore myself out! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment