Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Big News!

So it looks like I'll be moving out of my youth pastor's family's house in September! Wow! It's still a little crazy to think about and doesn't quite feel like reality. When I moved in - almost a year ago now! - my plan was to be out by Christmas. Obviously THAT didn't happen. :) It's okay, though. I have been so overwhelmed by the York's hospitality and support in the past 12 months. God has blessed me more than I imagined. He's good at that.

SO. My friend, Brianna, is planning on moving here in September and we are going to find an apartment/house to rent. Bri and I lived together for almost two years when we were both serving at Teen Mania in Texas. Even though I have lived away from "home" for 4 years now, it feels like I'm preparing to move out into the real world for the first time. A little bit scary, but a lotta bit exciting! This is a good "next step" in the whole "becoming independent" process.

I bought my first piece of furniture today! Our neighbors had a garage sale and I bought myself a nice little desk. I'm super excited! It's the only furniture I own - including a bed! (I figure, I have a sleeping bag... I'll survive for a couple months. haha!) I guess the next piece of furniture I should look for is a chair so I can actually SIT at my new desk! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Bri will be moving there and you guys get to live together! What a fun and wonderful time that's ahead for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! That's a big step. We'll have to do a big house warming party for you.

    ReplyDelete