Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Least Favorite Thing in the Whole Entire World....

When my car breaks down.

You see, this happens fairly often to me. Either a wreck, something important (bumber) falls off, something stops working, or it just dies. Today was one such experience.... (story of my life? seems to be!)

I was driving to a BBQ at a friend's house and my car died at a red light.... with the bumper just barely over a railroad track! I turned it off and tried to start it, but it wouldn't stay running. When I realized that it wasn't going to start again, I put on my hazards, tried to wave people around me, and got my phone out to call Robbie. (The York's have been life savers in situations like this! I'm so incredibly grateful!) My hand was shaking. He told me to stay there and he and his friend, Matt, would be right there. About 30 seconds later some guys offered to push my car into the parking lot right next to us. At least then I felt safer. I called AAA to get a tow truck and he took my car to a nearby mechanic. I'll get a quote from them tomorrow to see how much it will cost. The guys who pushed my car and the tow truck driver all thought it was the fuel pump, so that sounds about right to me.

When anything negative that's car-related happens it always hits me pretty hard. I get nervous and shaky and cry every time. Then I focus on all of the ways that this (the accident, broken fuel pump, etc) is going to ruin my financial life for the next 12 months. Clearly, this was not in God's plans and messes everything up and now I have to scrounge up some money from some magical place to get it taken care of. You'd think that after the 928349283 time of having major car problems, I'd learn my lesson! God is STILL good. He's STILL in control and definitely not surprised by the events that turn my life upside down. He understands and He cares; I am not alone. He sees what I need and will provide just the right thing at just the right time.

I feel so drained right now, but so blown away by God's faithfulness all the time. Thank you, Jesus!!!

3 comments:

  1. I dislike car trouble a lot too! bleh. This actually just happened to Travis today. His car is broken and we're not exactly sure what's wrong with it. And of course all of those financial things get in the way too. But God is definitely in control and it will be okay. It's just frustrating. I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christina - I'll be praying for you guys, too. I understand! Car trouble is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I went up to WA for the weekend... on the way up there is a stretch of road for about 45 minutes of nothing... its in between two small towns and there are not even farms...

    my back right tires treading split. I had to pull over and get as far off the road as i could since it was a narrow 2 lane road.

    had a spare but no jack to get my car up to change the tire...

    frustrating?? yes... but it happens and i called AAA and they came (took over an hour) to jack the car up, help me change the tire... i drove to the next town les shwaub... 2 new tires and i was back on the road. I had planned to use my moeny in the bank for a specific purpose... obviously God didnt want me to make financial plans like that. lol

    There was so much to be grateful for!! cell phone service in that area is spotty... I WAS IS A GOOD SPOT!!

    it was pouring during the entire drive... IT WAS DRY THE WHOLE TIME!!

    i had my soccer ball to consume my time! and my car still gave me worship music to Praise God in my plan B situation!!

    love ya Kailene!! totally just like blogged as a comment lol

    ReplyDelete