Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday night...

... and here comes the week, whether I'd like it or not!

I'm really not sure if I would like this week to start yet. This afternoon I've felt a little bit of that frantic, "But wait! I'm not ready yet! Let me just get a few things in order first!" Alas, I don't think I will have enough time to "get things in order first." (If that is even possible.) This week I return to my normal busy schedule and I'm just not sure if I can take it on right now.... The past few weeks I have had so much to process and I had plenty of time to take it all in and pray and rest and read books by the river (which was lovely). But now I think I have even more to process and I don't feel rested when I wake up because I have weird dreams and there are only a few weeks left of school (meaning, major papers and presentations to prepare for) and I will be getting ready to co-lead a trip to Panama in a month and a half and.... really, what am I going to choose to focus on? I could just work myself into a tizzy and get flustered and frustrated and very quickly become ineffective for the Kingdom and probably make myself sick. I'd rather not. Though, I'll admit, it is getting difficult, I choose to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus. He will not abandon me this week, even though it won't be easy. I trust that He will continue to fulfill ALL of my needs. Therefore, I have no reason to fear. He is completely in control and very much aware of the details of my life and the condition of my heart.


"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stuble and fall; but those who hope int he Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:29-31

'"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you.' 
Isaiah 54:10
[even when everything else seems to have either been REMOVED or SHAKEN... His unfailing love remains.]

2 comments:

  1. Love you lady. Praying for God's provision and direction as you head into this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brittany. I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete