Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Impact - Day Cinco

MULTIPLE ways that the Gospel impacts my life today. The one that stands out most? HOPE.

The story of my life does not end with the reality of my sin OR the shaming voices from the enemy or the world... it ends in HOPE. The only reason I have hope in such a despairing situation (i.e. - the world) is because of the Gospel - Jesus died on the cross for my sins, which MEANS that I do not have to live in eternal separation from God. He is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, and nobody comes to the Father (God) except through Him. (John 14:6)

Even when my emotions seem to be crazy and confusing and chaotic... He understands my heart, sees my needs, and "fill[s] me with joy in [His] presence, with eternal pleasures at [His] right hand"(Psalm 19:11). For those times when you just feel WEIRD. You can't really identify a whole lot of what's happening in your head and you just want everything to be RIGHT. It is in that moment that He says just you wait! "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"(Jeremiah 29:11). Here's another awesome reminder: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"(Joshua 1:9). Praise God! No need to fear. He has given us a HOPE in Jesus Christ who came to SAVE us... and He will be with us wherever we go.

On that note, I think I'll go to sleep. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope is the virtue in Extreme Life this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Rhoni! I always loved when the virtue of the month definitely matched with what God was teaching me at the time....

    ReplyDelete