Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, April 20, 2012

The [BIGGER] Picture

I just heard two songs on the radio (Air1) that got me thinking about PERSPECTIVE... which is a really good thing to think about, because it sometimes gets slightly skewed.

First, I heard Hillsong's "Freedom is Here" and I just love this part:

"And everything comes alive
In my life as we lift You higher"


I've heard this song a few times recently and this part keeps sticking out to me. Everything in my life comes ALIVE as I lift HIM higher! What an image of HOW I want to live! I can relate to this because I've also been on the other side, unfortunately. I know that when my perspective gets skewed, I focus too much on my own self and dwell on whatever frustrations/confusion/stress may be plaguing me at that moment... everything in my life does NOT seem to "come alive." But I have definitely also experienced the opposite. When my eyes are fixed on Jesus, I truly DO feel ALIVE!

The next song that came on the radio was "Outta My Mind," by Anthem Lights.

Feelin' like I got a front row seat
To watch everybody be happy
Can't even paint a smile on my face
It's so hard to not complain
Gotta try not to say
O God, what about me
'Cause I know that's not the way
That I'm supposed to be

(Chorus)
Get me outta my mind and into Your heart
It's not about me, it's not about me
So I'm gonna start
Playin' my part in Your design
Now is the time
Get me outta my mind
Outta my mind

There's a bigger picture on display
And it's starting to come in focus
Causing me to see to see the ones in need outside my little world
Gotta try, just to say
O God, what can I do
Doesn't matter what it takes
I wanna lead them all to You

Chorus

If anybody asks me what have I been up to
This is what I'm gonna say
I've been spending my time, outta my mind
And I'm really lovin' livin' this way

My life is NOT about making myself comfortable and happy 24/7. Life in general is often not happy OR comfortable, BUT, "life" is not where my joy and peace come from. I need to remind myself to get out of my head and return to the heart of Jesus because "it's not about me!" I promise that you will see a definite change in your attitude, demeanor and perspective if you choose to take your eyes off of yourself and focus on the Lord and other people around you.



No comments:

Post a Comment