Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Impact of the Gospel" - Day 1

Happy, joyous Easter everyone! I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing day filled with CELEBRATION of our RISEN KING!

As an overflow of my post last night, this week I am going to focus on the impact of the Gospel. Each day I will write about HOW I was impacted by the Gospel that day. This just means that I want to focus on how the good news of who Jesus is really does impact my day-to-day life. If you are a follower of Christ, He impacts yours, too. I think that sometimes we are blinded by our own pride, failures, misconceptions, or even busyness that we lose sight of WHO He really is and just how near He is to each of our hearts.

There were two things that stood out to me today:

1. Community

     I am so thankful for the people who God has very purposefully surrounded me with in this (and every) season of my life. I moved in with a new family a week ago and today I felt so included in their Easter traditions. They make me feel welcome and comfortable. Then I got all dressed up (curled my hair and everything!) and went to celebrate Easter and eat dinner with the family that I nanny for and their friends/family. Again, it was SO wonderful to be a PART of something. We ate a delicious meal, enjoyed the beautiful weather and each other's company. Then I went to The Pursuit to celebrate Easter with my awesome church family.

     The Gospel invites community. It is a shared belief that brings people together and creates family. There is something inside each of us that desires to be in relationship with one another and the good news of Jesus is all about LOVE.

2. Intimacy with Jesus

     I just love it when I can sense God speaking directly to my heart! I am currently in a season of both loneliness and extreme intimacy with Jesus. I feel like every time I enter into worship lately, I just cry. Tonight at church, I started crying over some aspects of this loneliness in my life right now and immediately I felt the Lord say: "I notice you. You are beautiful to me." It just reminded me that I must reject this need for approval from other people and recognize that my God truly does see all of my heart and fulfill all of my desires.

I have MUCH to be thankful for!

How about you? How has the Gospel impacted your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment