Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Impact of the Gospel" - Day 4

Today has been a fairly low-key day. Class was canceled this morning (luckily, ahead of time... so I got to enjoy sleeping in). I only have to watch the kids (that I nanny) tonight for a few hours. I had a phone date this morning with a friend from the Honor Academy, met a friend for lunch at one of my favorite coffeeshops - Rembrandt's, and have had a lot of down time (to read, mostly) besides that. It's really hard to be motivated to hurry up and get work for school done when I know that I have plenty more "free time" in the near future. What's the rush? So, I have somewhat enjoyed the slow pace and peace & quiet for the day.

My "big decision" for today is how I see the impact of the Gospel in my life. I already decided that I am going to go on a short term mission trip for 3-5 weeks at the beginning of the summer. The problem now is deciding WHERE and with WHAT organization. All I know is that I'm going... and I am SO excited to say that!

Option #1:
Panama Jungle trip w/ Global Expeditions as a Team Leader. AWESOME!

[Potential] Option #2:
San Jose, Costa Rica University evangelism trip with Campus Crusade. Also, AWESOME!

Really, the decision is not much of a big deal. BOTH are awesome (as previously stated) and God is fully aware of what is going on and will open doors that need to be open and close doors that need to be closed. Because of this, I can move forward in full confidence that I am in the will of God. [Just typing that brings peace to my heart! Thank you, Jesus!]

The BIG DEAL is that I am excited to GO. This IS the heart of the Gospel...

Jesus instructs His disciples in Matthew 28:18-20: "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Break my heart for what breaks Your's, Lord. I pray that my desires would align with Your desires. Open my eyes to see the path that you have prepared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment