Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Resurrection Sunday: What's on Your Mind?

Tomorrow I celebrate the reality that Jesus Christ, God's Son, died on a cross and rose again three days later... all as a part of God's plan to redeem the world and cleanse us from our sin.

Uh, wow.

It is so easy for me, as a Christian who grew up immersed in the tradition of the church, to overlook the impact of that statement. Does the power and magnitude of the Gospel every shock, awe, inspire you or bring you to your knees in complete and utter reverence of the King of kings and Lord of lords? Don't give the typical "of course it does" answer here. Think about it for a minute. or a day. or a week.

How has the Gospel impacted YOUR life lately?

I pray that tomorrow is not just a normal day, or even a normal "Easter." I don't want to get too caught up in plastic eggs or chocolate bunnies or big dinners that I lose sight of the cross. In fact, I want every day to be that way... eyes completely fixed on the cross. Why should it only be on Easter that we acknowledge the Resurrection? I pray that on every other day the cross would be on the forefront of our minds and dictate our thoughts, actions and decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment