Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Simplicity.

These thoughts on simplicity tie in with what I wrote on Monday night about REST. It's an uncomplicated concept that I tend to complicate the heck out of. What are my motives? How should I be spending my time? I can't just do NOTHING, so what is restful and productive? This type of internal questioning is ridiculously typical for analytical thinkers, such as myself.

What does it look like to live a simple life? Not one in pursuit of pleasing the people around me, but in an earnest pursuit to honor God in all I say and do. A life filled with peace and calm and serenity, not anxiety or worry or fear. A simple life is not complicated with extremely busy schedules and chaotic calendars, but remembers to slow down and enjoy the little things.

I've been thinking about some of these "little things" that bring me joy... I want to remember to allow these things to stand out even on a busy day and remind me to live simply.

  • Seeing a shooting star
  • Holding a sleeping baby
  • Popcorn
  • Thunderstorms
  • Cooking a delicious meal... or dessert
  • An encouraging conversation with a friend
  • The feeling after a good, hard run
  • Finding an old picture that brings back memories
  • Sitting by the fireplace
  • Watching snow fall

No comments:

Post a Comment