Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Weakness = His Strength

Took a hot bath tonight to relax (and try to get the campfire smoke from life group tonight out of my burning sinuses...) and now I'm just reading through the Psalms. I just love soaking in truth. There are passages that I have read at least a thousand times, but my mind becomes weary and I lose hope... until I'm reminded again that "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalm 73:25-26) What powerful words! Even when everything around me falls apart and is misunderstood and tiresome, God is the STRENGTH of my heart. My tendancy is to feel overwhelmed if I struggle with an issue for, oh, about 5 minutes. My heart is so weak... what a comfort to be reminded that GOD (my shelter, deliverer, redeemer, creator, friend...) is the strength of my heart. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment