Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Remembering.

Just spending some time at my favorite coffee shop downtown for the afternoon. Well, at least until I get restless and head to the park or something. I had my book study this morning, then wandered around the market and bought my usual - raspberry tea scone. It's been a long, full week. It started out with watching Channing and Gannon, which was exhausting. No major catastrophes - I kept the kids, dog, and flowers alive and we were on time every place we went AND the house was clean when Marty and Kerinda got home from their trip. All in all, it was a successful week with the kiddos - I was just tired and hadn't even THOUGHT about anything else I need to get done. Then my brother came into town for a few days! It was a spontaneous trip... SO grateful for that time with him! We explored downtown and Boise State University, played Rook (tradition w/ the York's!), went hiking at Table Rock and went out to eat. I'm so proud of my little brother. All of that to say, this week has been a whirlwind! Pretty crazy/busy.

So today, as I pulled up my blogger account to start writing, I was feeling ever-so-slightly melancholy and glum. Probably just the effects of an abnormal week with no time to think... I stored up all of my "thinking" for today. :) Regardless, I don't want to FEEL like that. As I began to think about what to write... I remembered what I wrote in my journal yesterday morning:

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 41:13
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

... finding great comfort today in my God who is with me...

People will come and go and relationships seems to change constantly, but God is ALWAYS with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He will take great delight in me and quiet me with His love and rejoice over me with singing. His love is unfailing and endures through ALL things. He summons me by name and calls me HIS. I am precious and honored in His sight and I have no reason to fear. Oh God, be my comfort and my peace. Fill me with truth. It is so good to remember what God has told me in the past and know that what He said then is still true today.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for those verses. I'm reading a few days "late" but we found out my today (within the past hour) that my mother-in-law's cancer is back and these are perfect.

    ReplyDelete