Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Niche.

What were you MADE to do? What kinds of things get you so excited you just can't contain yourself? What is one thing that brings you so much joy, it just doesn't compare to anything else?

Shoot. Some people spend their WHOLE LIVES trying to answer those questions...

Right now I feel... excited! I'm excited about what God is doing in and around me. I'm excited about the future. I'm excited about relationships. I'm excited about ministry and leadership and serving. I'm excited about contentment. I have been extremely encouraged this week by subtle things that people have said that makes a WORLD of difference. I thrive off of words of affirmation and I think these few words have been the fuel I needed to pump some passion back into my life. I have always had purpose... but I feel like I'm actually living out my purpose for this season right now. Now that is a great place to be. (Please, someone remind me of this in the future when the enemy tries to steal my joy....)

God is so GOOD and knows exactly what we need, exactly when we need it. (Two things that I seem to get confused about over and over again... thankfully, HE is in control.)

Even in little things, I love to discover what brings me joy. (storms, cooking, music, traditions, new revelation in the Word, coffee shops, writing, etc) It's not just a "Oh, I'm happy" kind of feeling, it's more of finding something that is a PART of me. I'd encourage you to think about this, too. Find what it is that you love to do and DO IT. Find what brings you joy and EXPERIENCE IT. Find what God made you to do and PURSUE IT. Don't allow fears or insecurities or opinions slow you down.

1 comment:

  1. I'm convinced we're in the same place of this nagging desire to do...what we desire to do! This stuff you wrote about is all I can seem to think of lately! I'm convinced it's high time I finally bought a piano and learned to play it, so I can finally sing my own songs. Even if I never recorded one of them, I'd be fulfilled doing what I love to do. You inspire me Kailene, thanks for posting this :-)

    ReplyDelete