Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thoughtful...

I think I have stopped in here to blog at least once a day for the past five days and have just come up empty. I can usually tell when there's a lot going on in my head, because it's harder for me to write. It means there's a lot more to process and weed through, before I get to what I actually want to say. Whatever is at the heart of, well, my heart. It's sometimes not so obvious. My heart tends to get wrapped up in fear, insecurity, and doubt - and it's hard to see what's REALLY in there. A very wise friend (Stephanie Poe) told me this afternoon that it's okay to acknowledge your emotions... just don't let them consume you. I had a lot of disappointment this weekend... just things not working out the way I thought they would (and car trouble - which for some reason, ALWAYS hits a very sensitive nerve with me)... but I need to remember that those things that my heart TENDS to get wrapped up in, and maybe even consumed by at times, are NOT who I really am. Jesus is in my heart and He fills me with the fruits of the Holy Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness & self control. So I can acknowledge my emotions... but then move on, because I serve a God who is much bigger than all of that! I can choose what I will allow to consume me... Jesus, fill me up! He knows & understands my heart, even when I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment