Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A List.


Here's a nice little list to share the many, many thoughts that have taken root inside my head these past few days... Oh, how I love lists!


1. This is a picture taken from the top of table rock - where Jamie, Josiah and I hiked last weekend. It was SO much fun!
2. I feel so philosophical lately because I keeping thinking, "What in the world is my life supposed to look like?" "Am I filling my life with the right things?" and "Who am I, really?!" Is this normal? I think so. Why won't anybody answer me, though? I'll just keep moving forward and seeking the Lord... and maybe not think about it so hard. ;-)

3. Update on my social life: I finally know people! I know people, but I'm still working on being friends with people. (there's a big difference) I know that it takes time. But I just want to feel a part of the "group". Soon... it will come. (that was me reassuring myself - haha) Relationships are just such a complex concept. I mean, it doesn't have to be, but sometimes it can be... (I know, that wasn't a very intelligent statement... I'll work to develop that thought and maybe share it later. haha)

4. I think I'm going to return those stinkin' boots. I've tried on about 583 pairs of skinny/slim jeans and they just do NOT work for me. Maybe I'm not cool enough for trendy boots... :-) Oh well. I'll try again next year.

5. I decided that I need to be more studious and have some serious, focused study time. I started that tonight by playing ball with Josiah when he wandered into my room. So easily distracted by the baby... I guess I'll start that serious studying another day. :-)

6. My pandora play list is playing ALL my favorite worship songs from Teen Mania. I miss that place and all those wonderful people.

2 comments:

  1. Press on, Kailene! Knowing people is the first step to good relationships. You'll get there soon and you won't even remember the long season of waiting (but it will make your precious new friendships all the sweeter!).

    And so sad about the boots. :( But if you don't feel like they look great then you won't wear them....so better to find something you WILL wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stuck on number two for a while lately & have just been learning to move forward and take it one day at a time. It can get so overwhelming when we analyze every detail & every future possibility that we may have. Sometimes we just have to do life & be aware & trust our convictions but not get too wrapped up in the little stuff (that really seems like big stuff)..but just trusting and knowing that it will work itself out in time.

    I was talking to a girl that was in the internship with us & we were talking about how 3 years ago we never would've thought we'd be where we are. So much happened over those 3 years but I'm so glad it all did. Just stay open to new possibilities & let God do the rest.

    Also (five) I'm living with a family from my church now & I was planning on getting a ton of studying done last weekend but Ashton (the little boy) came in my room & said, "Miss Diana, will you play outside with me??" I couldn't pass it up. It was worth it in the end :)

    Love you girl. It's so encouraging to hear what God is doing in your life :)

    ReplyDelete