Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Maybe I should join the rest of Boise and get a bike...


Well... before 3:00 yesterday afternoon I had a nice little car that looked like this:
After 3:00 yesterday, well, I don't have a picture of what it looks like now... but you can imagine with me... the front end is smashed in and two of the doors don't even close. The air bags are blown out and the windshield is cracked in a hundred places. I was in a car accident on my way home from school and my car is totaled. I'm fine (and so are the other drivers) - I just jammed and cut one of my fingers (on the air bag? I don't know how it happened...), and I feel a little achey today.
GOOD NEWS: There's a salvage yard here in Boise that is going to pay me $750 for my car. (I only have liability insurance - so that $750 is my starting fund for a new car.)
2nd GOOD NEWS: I live with a pretty awesome family.. As soon as I got out of the car, a guy who stopped to help told me to sit on the curb (probably because I was a little hysterical and my hand was covered in blood - sorry if that was too gross. Don't worry - it didn't hurt at all, at the time.) ... Anyways - As soon as I sat down, about 1 minute after the accident, I called Robbie and said something like, "I was just in an accident *sob* and the air bags blew out *sob* I'm on Fairview St..." He told me to calm down, breathe, and that Jamie was on her way. When the tow truck got there, he talked to the driver for me and then he and Jamie paid the couple hundred dollars for the tow because I couldn't think clearly enough to know if I had enough in my checking account to cover the expense. (I do, and I'm going to pay them back - but it was really nice not to have to worry about that in the midst of everything yesterday) Then, Jamie picked me up and helped me decide what to do with my car at the body shop and spoke for me (as my "sister") to the insurance agent and when we got home Robbie had already figured out an extra car for us to use for the time being. I am incredibly thankful... I really don't know what I would have done had I been completely on my own.
Even though I have two tests and a large paper due at the end of this week, I decided that it would be best if last night I just rested and got a good amount of sleep, rather than pushing myself to get a lot of studying done. I don't like being unproductive... but under the circumstances, it's okay. Jamie, Josiah and I watched a movie and ate popcorn (my comfort snack) and then I TRIED to get a good night's sleep. (I really didn't sleep that well, though...)
I know that wasn't really a coherent story or anything... but I just wanted to update you all on what's happening. As Jamie commented last night, my car is my biggest expense right now... that's why it weighs so heavily, and feels so devastating. I know that the Lord will provide. And I really don't think it's any coincidence that this happened as I'm in the middle of struggling to learn to trust God with my finances. But now you know how you can pray for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kailene, I'm so sorry! So very glad that you are okay. So discouraging about your car but reading your post here, God's hand is in this whole situation...I know He will provide for you, friend. Praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete