Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, October 23, 2010

- The Saturday Evening Post -

Hello! I can't believe it's been a whole WEEK since I last posted something. I don't really have a good reason... maybe a few BAD reasons.... lack of inspiration, lack of diligence in writing what I'm learning in my "Lady in Waiting" book, etc, etc... Anyways, I just thought I'd give a little update. :)

I decided that I love photography. I've known this about myself for some time now... but today I was so intrigued by the awesome-ness of the clouds up in McCall that I wanted to capture it. I couldn't stop staring out the windows and I wanted to say, "Hello?! Does nobody else see these huge, amazing clouds?!" But I didn't want Robbie's family to think I was crazy. (I went to McCall with the York's this weekend and we stayed at his parent's house) I used Robbie and Jamie's camera to snap a few shots because I don't have one, and their's is pretty cool. (Well, I got one over 3 years ago when I graduated from High School... but it's a little ghetto.) I sometimes see an image and think, "That would make a great picture." But I have no way to capture it. So I just try to paint it in my memory. Or I forget it, which is such a shame. It could be anything from a tree full of red and orange leaves, Gannon making a silly face, the sun shining through the clouds, Josiah flexing his muscles, Channing's sweet smile and excitment in something like making m&m pancakes, or simply catching a moment in time and holding onto it for a while longer.

A friend of mine suggested this Canon Camera as something good but cheap: http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/products/canon-a3100is#article. She suggested this next one as well. Even though it's a little bit more expensive - I like it MUCH better. http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/products/canon-powershot-sx20is#article. Maybe. Someday. Photography would be SO fun to really get into. Then I could live my life as a writer and a photographer! It just sounds so sophisticated and exciting.

1 comment:

  1. KAILENE!!!
    I did not know you were a blogger :) So exciting! I am following you now, too! Thanks for the follow. You are so sweet. Would love to hear what Life looks like for you these days... or I could just read about it :) BLESS YOU!

    ReplyDelete