Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Lady in Waiting" - Part 1


Hello Friends!


I just started reading a book called "Lady in Waiting" by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones. The subtitle is "Becoming God's Best While Waiting for Mr. Right." This struggle of "waiting for Mr. Right" has, for some reason, been on the forefront of my mind recently. Therefore, I am very much looking forward to getting into this book and seeking TRUTH about my life as a godly, single woman. There is more purpose to this time of life than just waiting to get married. I know that to be true, but I want that also to reflect in my thoughts, actions, and motives. I want to be diligent in seeking the Lord and growing as much as possible in this unique season I'm in. So... I'm going to include you on this journey with me and blog about what I learn in each chapter. :-)


I just finished the first chapter: "Lady of Reckless Abandan."
...
Complete Surrender. Whole Devotion.
Undivided Attention. Focused Gaze.
...
Elisabeth Eliott said that "our hearts are lonely 'til they rest in Him." I will not suddenly be complete when I enter into a committed relationship with a man; I am made whole when my heart is fully surrendered to the Lord. "You were not created to complete another, but to complement." When you look to a career, marriage, or motherhood to complete or fulfill you, you will only find disillusionment and dissatisfaction. "Forsake the famililar and comfortable in order to receive God's best for [your] life."

Is your relationship with Jesus one of sacrifice or convenience?

Do you view Him as the ONLY One who will fulfill you completely?

Do all aspects of your life reflect this unwavering devotion that you have in the Lord? (work, school, relationships, thoughts, attitude)

No comments:

Post a Comment