Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, November 1, 2010

NEEEEEW CAR!!!!


Hopefully this is the last time I have to post a picture of a car on my blog for a looong time! But, I just thought I'd show you all my NEW car. It's a 2001 Chevy Cavalier with only 135k miles on it and I bought it tonight for $1600. I told him "I'm not trying to sound suspicious, but it sounds like too great of a car to only sell for $1600... is there a reason?" And he said that he's just trying to sell it fast so he can pay bills. So I just HOPE it's a good one. It feels like such a risk. BUT - the miracle part is that I was able to buy the car without borrowing any money. I still need to pay for the registration/taxes... and to get the windshield fixed... and buy seat covers (I think the seats are pretty ugly.) ... and you know, buy some half way decent Christmas presents for my friends and family. But I'll just take all of that one day at a time. :)
Jamie, Josiah and I went for a walk this afternoon and we talked about God's provision... I really do believe that He'll provide. Lord, help me to be content... and to walk in the PEACE of that knowledge everyday.

4 comments:

  1. yay!! i hope it works out well for you :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congratulations on the new car. It looks nice and dependable. I'll pray that it is! :) And about the changing colors thing...from the dashboard you should be able to click on the 'design' tab and make changes from there. I can't tell you exactly where but you should be able to find it in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa - I'll check it out. :)

    And thank you for your prayers! My first order of business is to get the smoke smell out of it! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is exciting Kailene! I'll pray that this is a dependable vehicle for you!!

    ReplyDelete