Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today...

1. I woke up to more snow on the ground (not a significant amount - but that's okay. I took a walk with the dog in the wintry, white world... beautiful!)

2. I tried to make a snow dinosaur to commemorate last year's Texas snow storm... it didn't work. Lame.

[This is Heather and I last March with "Bethany the Brontasaurus"]



3. It is currently 22 degrees. I think I'm addicted to weather.com. I don't know why it excites me so much.

4. I had spent some much-needed time in the Word of God and finished reading "Lady in Waiting." (I definitely recommend that book!) Now I'm going to be patient, content, live by conviction, etc, etc... Thank you, Jesus.
5. I made puppy chow (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/puppy-chow/Detail.aspx) - one of my top must-haves at holiday celebrations. Love it and so fun to make! (I also add a teaspoon of vanilla to the peanut butter/choc mixture - but according to this recipe, it's not necessary.)


6. I made green bean casserole! It just came out of the oven and smells delicious. This is the only way I'll eat green beans. It probably has more to do with memories and the fact that it's one of my mom's favorites, than actual taste. But I hope it tastes good because I'm taking these two dishes to life group tonight for our Thanksgiving dinner!

7. I was actually productive and got some homework done. That's a great feeling. I'm ready for this semester to be over...
8. Can I just say again, I LOVE THIS VACATION! I feel so refreshed. I'm definitely looking forward to a big Thanksgiving weekend, too. Then before I know it - less than a month! - I'll be home for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You named your snow dinosaur Bethany?! Hah, that's funny. :)
    I'm glad you had such a lovely vacation ... it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete