Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Belated Thankful Thursday...

My friend mentioned last week that this week's "Thankful Thursday" blog post would be AWESOME because it is on Thanksgiving. Well, that boat has come and gone and now it's Friday. Well, really Friday is gone, too - it's 1:02am on Saturday now. Whew! What a week! You know those vacations where things just go by too fast and don't work out as planned and you end up more tired than relaxed? This week has been the OPPOSITE of that! I really cannot even express how absolutely wonderful this week of rest has been. First with a few days of peace and solitude and now with four days in McCall with a welcoming family, my own comfortable room, tasty food & treats, and mounds of snow. I know that the next two and a half weeks will require a lot of work to finish out the semester strong w/ 3 papers and multiple tests... but I am incredibly grateful for a week to prepare mentally for the rush and enjoy life.

I read an entire novel just for fun... baked... watched "It's a Wonderful Life" - my favorite! ... went ice skating... took turns riding in the sled... skyped with my family when they were all together last night... really, this has been an amazing week.

Even though it's not technically Thankful Thursday, I still want to express gratitude in general ~

I'm thankful for God's grace that covers my life...
I'm thankful for family & friends who support me...
I'm thankful for new friendships...
I'm thankful for this week of rest...
I'm thankful for HOLIDAYS...

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful life is one of my most favorite too :D

    ReplyDelete