Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday :]

Hello Everyone, and welcome to... THANKFUL THURSDAY! Today I do not feel like being thankful, but I need to be thankful. In fact, I texted my dear friend, Emily, and told her that I'm tired of having BAD days! She told me that I need to make a list of everything I'm thankful for to change my attitude/perspective. Then it dawned on me that it IS Thursday... so I can blog it. :)

So this is what I'm thankful about today:

1. Kerinda gave me two free tickets to Tyrone Wells' show downtown last night and I took my new friend Felicia. Tyrone is an awesome musician (one of my favorites) and he happens to be Kerinda's little brother. It was definitely one of the coolest things I've done since I got to Boise!

2. My new friend, Felicia. I am so excited to get to know this girl! We're very similar and I think we'll be good friends. :)

3. A friend sent me a significant amount of money (significant to me, at least!) in the mail this week... it's amazing what the Lord can do with a generous heart. I'm so grateful. (Because of her - I was able to get insurance on my car for this month. Yay!)

4. I posted on facebook that I'm going to change my major and within 12 hours I had a TON of feedback/encouragement/suggestions - how awesome to live in a "community" of friends and family who will help me with such practical things!

5. My brother, Kyle's, 20th birthday is on Monday... and I'm so grateful for him!!!

And that's the extent of my list for now. I'm trying so hard not to be overwhelmed. I just thought of the "glass balls" analogy that Tresbien taught me my intern year at Teen Mania - I can only carry so many responsibilities. If I try to juggle too many "glass balls," something is bound to break. I need to ask myself that question every morning, "What are my glass balls for today?" That way I don't try to manage all of the glass balls for the week (or month or year) in a single day. I just feel grumpy when I see glass balls falling all over the place. Can I just have some peace and consistency?!

3 comments:

  1. I like thankful thursday. I always feel encouraged after reading them. :)

    oh and i have a few things to add to your list...

    1)Your birthday is coming up :)
    2)There is a chance of snow on your birthday
    3) you are making cookies and decorating for christmas.
    4) because of your list I am going to go write my own. And I think I might write a paper on this in my Psych of personal adjustment class because we are discussing stress coping techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Steph! Thank you! I'm so glad you feel encouraged. You're so right! I forgot about MY birthday coming up... a week from tomorrow. :) And I'm SO excited for number 2 and 3. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday link up! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous! I have 5 going on right now:)

    ReplyDelete