Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, August 16, 2010

Officially an Idahoan... almost :)

Well... it's official now... I have my Idaho license plates! I'm now an Idahoan. No... they're not actually on my car yet... but hey - you have to take these things one step at a time. Let's not go overboard. ;-)

One step at a time. How often do we rush things in our culture/society/stage of life? Fast paced everything... cars, cell phones, computers... everything. We want it all and we want it NOW. How little we know about life. And how little we trust the perfect timing of our Creator when we try to manipulate relationships or time and come up with our own way that seems better and faster.

I am fully confident that "my way" will end me nowhere... and fast. All I am responsible to do is walk in obedience to the Lord everyday in every decision and then I don't need to worry about anything. (Sounds simple, right? It's not. To obey even when you don't know the outcome; to walk in faith even when it's not what you want... it's all about trust.) When I take my life into my own hands, that's when I start to worry - "how am I going to pay for this?" - that's where most of my worries tend to fall. Oh Lord, help me to trust in You - with where I live, who and when I marry, how I pay for... everything, and whatever else may try to sneak up on me. I want to be a carefree woman - not because I don't care, but because my cares have all been cast on you... and all that remains in me is pure joy.
(and all of that came out of a post of my new ID license plates... oh I love how the Lord speaks to my heart!)

2 comments:

  1. This is a cute post! :)

    The 'one step at a time' part reminded me of a book I once read about Mr. Rogers. It talks about how he liked to take things slowly and not be rushed...anyway, I'll bet you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa!!! :) You always comment at just the right time...
    Haha - I probably would like it! I've been on this whole kick lately of "taking the proper time for things." It's important. :)

    ReplyDelete