Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, August 20, 2010

A little starbucks break.

Well... my mom and I just went to her storage unit and sorted through all of the boxes that I packed up a few years ago. It was like CHRISTMAS! I found my winter jacket, a sleeping bag, all kinds of picture frames, a bookshelf that I painted with my Aunt, and lots of other random things that I'm sure will help fill my new room and make it feel more ME.

I posted pictures on facebook of my trip from Texas to Idaho. You can check them out here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=2045158&id=1455660166

So I've been hearing and talking about this concept of "processing change" for the past few weeks. Mostly because I'm in the midst of experiencing a massive amount of change. In just about EVERY area of my life. Actually, I really can't think of anything that didn't change. But what does that mean? What does it look like to process through all of this change? What should my end result be? I'm sure it will just take time. Probably a lot of time. But when I think about it too much.... I just feel overwhelmed. And I've only just begun. Really, I feel like I've just been on vacation after vacation since I left Texas. That alone can sometimes be exhausting... visiting a lot of people, random sleeping/eating habits, no routine (I LOVE routine...), a million and a half hours of driving, which means almost as much time spent singing to myself in the car and searching for a decent radio station (that's tiring in itself ;-)).... needless to say, it's been a CRAZY couple of weeks. So maybe this whole "processing" thing will get easier and come more naturally when I can actually breath in the next few weeks....

I guess I shouldn't rush these things.... an allusion to my last blog post. ;-)

Thanks for reading, you faithful readers. I sure do love writing. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Kailene, I can totally relate. The thing that I keep telling myself is that is takes time, and waiting has never been my favorite activity, but for me it comes back to trusting the Lord that He will extend me the grace I need during this process of changing seasons, especially such a drastic change. Praying for you!
    ~Casey~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - And thank you for following my blog! I was THRILLED to see that I have a FOURTH follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... saying that you are my follower is a little creepy... you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete