Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, August 23, 2010

Let the games (I mean studies!) begin!!!





Well folks, today was my first day as a student at Boise State University!!!

I'm now a Bronco.

And it's true... the football field is BLUE. I had no idea, but everytime I told someone that I was transferring to Boise State they said something about the blue turf. It's very exciting. But I actually haven't seen it in person yet. :)

(Sorry - the placement of those pictures is ridiculous... but I can't figure out how to place them where I want.)

I had a wonderful time visiting friends and family in Portland the past few days... I found this great bag at the Saturday Market downtown with Taylor, I hung out at my sister's house with ALL of my family - SO FUN!, I met with w/ Benita for coffee and heard all about her trip to India, I played on the new wii with my mom and brother, saw my older brother - I haven't seen him in over 3 years!, I went to church with Tim and Jill Whitehead - it was extremely refreshing to sit and chat and eat german pancakes with her... I just LOVE that woman! Basically... it was a FULL trip and definitely wore me out.

I'm so excited to get settled back into a schedule again that I forgot to be nervous about my first day of school. :) Either that or today is just an example of how the Lord has changed my life and I've learned to trust Him. While I was on campus I saw a flier for Intervarsity - it's a Christian club similar to campus crusade or anything else like that... they meet on Friday nights and I am very much looking forward to checking it out this week!

Tomorrow will be a big day... I'll be at school from 10:30-4:30. I'm even going to pack a lunch. :)

As of a couple of hours ago I am officially unpacked, organized and settled into my new room. In case there was any doubt, I still really REALLY love it here. The weather is absolutely beautiful. Jamie is such a good friend and Robbie helps me with important things like cars, money, boys... it's great. ;-) I love that my life is peaceful. I'm definitely looking forward to filling up my schedule... but I love this time of rest. I have time to think and write and read and pray. I'm incredibly grateful.



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having a perfect time there! You'll have to take a picture of the 'smurf turf' when you finally do get to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Intervarsity, I have heard of that, pass along the details? I want to check it out, you can just facebook them to me if that is easier! This is going to be a fun season for you, Kailene!

    ReplyDelete