Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, August 29, 2010

[Always HOPE]


I saw this as I drove home from school the other day... immediately those clouds caught my attention and made me think of that "silver lining" cliche phrase. The sun was blocked, but it shone brightly around those clouds and was still beautiful. Somtimes my view is blocked. I don't understand. I don't see how things are going to work out. BUT. There is always hope. There is always the silver lining.

I just did some research on this phrase "Every cloud has a silver lining" and found it's an old proverb that means that every negative situation can produce something positive; similar to "there's a light at the end of the tunnel" (My youth pastor used to say that to me ALL the time!). It's interesting to me that both of these well-used phrases compare light with hope. I know that Jesus is the light of the world... and HE is my HOPE.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Jesus is my hope... and He has overcome the whole world!!! Victory!

How this all ties in with me - I do love my life. I love where I'm at. I am content in this season. I am so in love with Jesus. But there are troubles... mostly revolving around finances w/ school and such. I really have surprised myself with how I've been handling this confusion - walking in peace - thank you, Lord, for growth!

But take heart, Kailene! Your Savior has already overcome.

1 comment: