Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was such a fun day! It's always encouraging to hear Gannon say, "I hope she's here already" as he comes down the stairs in the morning. :) Channing and Gannon both wrote me a song and gave me a little package of Godiva chocolates (seen in my v-day breakfast picture below). They're really good about giving fun gifts - I love it! They both had new outfits and looked adorable! Do you remember those Valentine's day parties in school? The kids were SO excited for them! I love mornings when I can feed off of their excitment rather than their grumpiness. :)

I had a delicious breakfast with my favorite cereal (Life), berries + coffee.

Channing asked if I could do something cute with her hair today... how can I say no to that? So we both curled our hair. It's like having a little sister. :)


I was not as productive with homework today as I would have liked... but that's okay. I was focusing on the class that generally takes more time anyways. So it probably wasn't just procrastination fighting against me.

After my day with the kids, I met my awesome friend, Lindsay, at Red Robin - my FAVORITE restaurant - for a Valentine's dinner date. :) She asked me a couple weeks ago if I had plans... so we've been looking forward to this! I am SO glad that I've been getting to know her. We had a really encouraging conversation and I just really enjoyed her company. I'm so grateful for friends!

Then I went home to find some tasty chocolates and a card in my mailbox. What a way to end this V-day. :) I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Kailene that is ADORABLE. :) I got a simple Valentine from one of the kids at work and I was remembering being a kid and getting so into Valentine's day. Oh to be a child once more ;)

    PS I have NOT forgotten that we still need to have facetime.

    ReplyDelete