Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Balance.

I keep discovering that life is all about this: BALANCE. In everything. Time, relationships, eating, sleeping, etc, etc. It all comes back to balance/moderation. My life tends to slowly creep OUT of balance every now and then. Does yours? Or is it just me? I'd like to think I'm not alone in this dilemma of EXTREMES. Extremely busy.

I heard someone summarize Ecclesiastes 7:18 with "A man who fears God avoids all extremes." That's a picture of balance! Balance has a lot to do with priorities, I think. (I'm still very much figuring out this whole concept.) When my priorities get out of whack... everything else follows suit... by "everything else" I mostly mean my emotions. I think that I'm normally a very calm, rational person... but when I miss out of sleep or meals or precious time with Jesus... my 'rational thinking' seems to be on short supply. Then all I want to do are those things that are most important - stated in the last sentence.

Basically, this is just me processing through how to have a busy schedule (because that's inevitable for now) but not FEEL the craziness of a busy schedule. I want to REST in You, Lord. Help me to keep my priorities in line and keep ALL areas of my life balanced.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kailene.. :)

    Same lesson here, missy. Today the sermon at church was about equilibrium. How incredibly timely, soul sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! Diana, I love that we reconnected via blog world... and can so easily identify with each other! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete