Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!!!


To kick off the 4th of July last night (we tend to celebrate birthdays/holidays early around here - ha!) my roommates and I made little berry tarts. They were DELICIOUS. Heather made the tarts and Emily was her sous chef. I made the salmon and potatoes and Arielle made the asparagus and carrots for dinner. Dinner was good. But the TARTS... they were awesome. Heather said she would make some for my wedding (at some point NOT in the near future) - I told her that I would need about 150 times the amount we had last night. :) She can do it. I believe in her.


There are some cooking blogs out there that give you easy-to-understand recipes and pictures to follow along... this is not one of those blogs. I'm just here to brag about my roommate's baking skills. I will tell you that they had a cute little crust (always the best part!) and custard (to die for!) and blueberries/blackberries/raspberries on top. Yum!


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Fourth of July celebrating not only the freedom that we are privileged to have in this country, but the freedom that we get to walk out in daily as children of God! It was so encouraging to go to church this morning and be reminded of that truth. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment