Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, February 3, 2011

"You are not defined by your failures."

This is one of the many, many things I specifically remember learning my first year at Teen Mania... I am not defined by my failures! I don't remember who said it, but I'm grateful he/she did - because it STILL comes to mind when I need the reminder.

It's so easy - at least for me - to get caught up in what I look like. What kind of student am I? What kind of Christian am I? What kind of friend? What do people SEE when they look at my life?

Failure just doesn't sit right with me. (ok, so let's be real - does failure "sit well" with anyone?! not likely.) I think I go through phases where it's not as difficult as others (and it probably doesn't help today that I am so tired and feeling sick.), but then other times failure just makes me feel so broken! What brings this on, you ask? I didn't do well on a test just now and I didn't even turn in a homework assignment the other day. My worth is not found in what GRADE I receive! Sheesh. You know, the more I sit here and think about this, the more I realize that I think my fear of failure really has to do with a fear of not being in control. There is natural peace when everything is going smoothly, as planned. But I have to rely on the Lord for supernatural peace when things feel rocky and do NOT match my plans. Actually, I'm starting to think of a lot of reasons why I fear failure right now. Rather than dwelling on those things... I want to point my thoughts toward truth.

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 ~Thank you, Lord~

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." Isaiah 4:22
"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will NOT be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10
"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love." Psalm 103:8
...... I could go on. Oh Lord, let this truth penetrate my heart in the deepest way possible. I pray that my thoughts and actions and motives would all align with your Word. Help me to remember to seek + fear You above ALL else... clinging to the cross.
Jeremy Riddle - "Sweetly Broken" - LOVE THIS!

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a good reminder, Kailene. I SO needed to hear this :0) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete