Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Community... it's the place to be.


I just love people. I love having good conversations and drinking coffee and playing games and reading the Word and praying and eating and cooking with people. I love that we were MADE for community. We have what it takes (encouraging words, affection, etc) to SUPPORT one another.

I wrote yesterday about having dinner at my favorite restaurant with my friend, Lindsay. We work together in XL (eXtreme Life - children's ministry at church) as Volunteer Coordinators. We do fun things like write the volunteer handbook and discuss how the Bible is like a hot dog. (or a mirror, or a letter, or a sword.....) But even MORE than that... she is someone that I really connected with fast. We haven't been friends for very long, but we have had GOOD conversations. I am so grateful that we hung out last night... celebrated V-day together... and that our conversation helped me understand my life. You know you've got a good friend when they commit to hold you accountable to something.

THAT, friends, is what the body of Christ is all about.

God really does provide ALL that we need. I am so grateful for the awesome community of believers that He has placed me in here. He sure knows what He's doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment