Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trust & Obey

I am completely in awe of the LORD right now!

I'm not sure that I really will be able to adequately express the multitude of thoughts/feelings/excitement in my heart right now, but I'll do my best. :)

First of all, God is SO good! His plans are good, His intentions are good, His love is perfectly good, and His timing is always absolutely awesome. He NEVER forgets the details. He knows what matters to me... more than I know what really matters to me! I am incredibly grateful that my life is in HIS hands and all He asks of me is to trust & obey.

[Just to clarify: when I say "all He asks of me..." I don't take that lightly... Trusting in God is simple, but not easy. It's costly, but not cheap. Trusting in Him requires that I live in constant surrender to HIS will and lay down my fleshly desires in order to whole heartedly pursue what HE has for me. It's that simple, but if you've ever tried it, you know it's far from easy.]

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6) Acknowledge (submit to) Him, and He will direct your paths. [I just have to add that later in that chapter (verse 17) it says that the path of wisdom is PEACE. I just love that!]

This portion of scripture is all about dependence. I've spent a LOT of time the past few years studying dependence, which is simply recognizing we NEED Him. It's acknowledging that He really is all we have and our own understanding is faulty, empty, and unstable. We can not make ourselves more dependent on Him, we already ARE dependent on Him. We cannot live, breathe, move... ANYTHING, without Him. When we grow in the understanding that we ARE dependent on Him, we grow in freedom! Yes! That is so exciting to me!

All of that to say: I'm just excited about truth. I'm excited for what God has planned.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE This!! I posted a song my little nieces sang singing TRUST AND OBEY... check it out! :-) Goes along with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sing this song with my residents all the time when I lead the hymn sing activity! Once weekly :D

    Trust and obey, for there's no better way…to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!

    Such a precious song with such truth! Check out the rest of the lyrics…good stuff!

    ReplyDelete