Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, May 17, 2013

Summa' Lovin'

My friends and I thought that we would want to go downtown and celebrate surviving the semester at the end of finals week. It sounded great, but in reality, I would be perfectly content if I didn't have to leave my bed for the next 12.5 days. My sleep schedule has been completely thrown off the last two weeks.

Also, I've worn yoga pants ever since finishing my last final.
This is merely a part of the semester end recovery process.
Don't judge me...

I heard a friend say yesterday that even though classes are over, her list of things to do hasn't seemed to decrease AT ALL. I can relate. It's more like, "Oh hey, now that school isn't completely consuming my life, I can actually turn my attention to every other area of my life that has been ignored to some degree or another for the last 16 weeks."

For example, I just remembered that I have a gym membership. Guess I should dust off my running shoes and get back at it!

Also, I better take advantage of being able to sleep as much as I possibly can NOW, because when I'm in Panama... let's just say, sleep is not guaranteed. Those darn roosters. :)

Neither is coffee. I need to use my time wisely... and spend approximatly 85% of it in coffee shops. ;-)

As a Communication and English major I do quite a bit of reading and writing throughout the course of a semester. (probably more than I even realize!) The difference for the next 14 weeks is that I get to read and write WHATEVER I WANT!!! I'm beside myself with excitment at the thought of this! Where will I even start?!

Another exciting thing about summer is... extensive TRAVELING. Love it! Portland, OR, Billings, MT, Dallas, TX, and Panama City, Panama + San Blas islands and Darien jungle are all on my list of destinations. So excited!

Oh, and I plan on doing a lot of hiking, hammack-ing, organizing my overflowing closet, filling up my journal, camping, sitting by the river, catching up with mis amigas, and brushing up on my espanol.

Summer is wonderful! So glad to have another semester under my belt... and only 5 more classes to go to finish up my college career!

After that, who wants to pay me to sit in a coffee shop and blog all day??!

No comments:

Post a Comment