Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, May 3, 2013

Some thoughts for this Friday afternoon...

I'm thinking about quite a few things today, but they are too scattered to sufficiently produce a coherent single-subject post. Thus, my favorite: a list. A quick update for you & a release of my desperate need to just write something. Scratch that, I have a whole heck of a lot of writing to do... but it all revolves 

1. I love that it's Friday today, but I will REALLY love Wednesday the 15th at about 7:00 pm even better because by that point I will be completely done with school for three whole months! I could cry, I'm so excited. 16 pages to write, give or take a few.

2. REI garage sale this Saturday. Hoping to score some cheap chacos and gear for Panama! Bring it!

3. I posted a link to an interesting article from Relevant Magazine on Facebook a couple days ago called "Stop Waiting For Him to Ask You Out." I merely shared the article and asked for thoughts, which brought in a number of responses! I enjoyed reading through everyone else's thoughts and look forward to writing my own thoughts in response to the article. If you haven't read the article, I recommend it! And check back soon-ish for a post HERE about how it challenged what I grew up thinking about relationships, which tended to be more rule-driven and included a lot of fear. 

4. I'm feeling thankful for God's provision, as even when - especially - when I have no plan, He continues to work. His faithfulness endures, even when I fail. It is good for my heart to rest in His promises and grow in the confidence that HE is my provider. My ability to pay bills or fund a mission trip or raise a team of monthly supporters or finish college, actually has nothing to do with my ability at all. If that were the case, none of these things would happen. 

5. I'm excited to chat with my co-leader for Panama in a few minutes and start discussing plans for our team this summer!!! I can't wait to finally be done with school so that preparations for Panama can take a higher priority. 

6. I was reminded this week of Casey Johnson's definition of guarding your heart that has stuck with me for several years. "Guarding your heart" is essentially not allowing your thoughts to go farther than he has led. Meaning, if he says "Thanks for being my friend," you don't translate that to "Will you be my wife?" I know it sounds ridiculous, but let's just be real... it happens. There is beauty in simply living in the moment and enjoying the HERE and NOW, without getting all worked up about the would-be's and could-be's. Quit over thinking. Quit analyzing. Just accept joy for TODAY as a sweet gift from the Lord. 

1 comment:

  1. I love point 6. Thanks for sharing ... it's a great lesson to be reminded of! :)

    ReplyDelete