Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's all about the little things. :)


Today has been a WONDERFUL day!




After a full day of babysitting yesterday, I slept GREAT. (this helps to start off a wonderful day.)


Then I went to church and hung out with some pretty awesome first graders and we learned that "You can have joy because God keeps His promises." This makes me so excited!!! I love that these kids just GET it. They understand that God is trustworthy. I pray that I would truly have faith like a child.

Then I was blessed by a surprise phone call from Miss. Danielle Mitchell - one of my customer care interns from Acquire the Fire Operations last year. I love this girl! It was so nice to hear from her. She graduates from the internship in a week - I'm so proud!

Then I got to video chat with my good friend, Meghan Crist and her precious daughter, Emma! Skype is SO fun - It makes a world of difference to actually SEE the person's face when you chat. I love that. It's like we're actually hanging out together. :)

Then... burdened by the amount of procrastination I've been doing on my American Lit paper, I packed up everything and headed over to Moxie Java to write it up in style (i.e. "with a coffee."). This must've helped, because I just finished it! What a load off. The best part of my afternoon at Moxie is that a friend from life group works here and she gave me a DELICIOUS Christmas cookie for free! Also - another friend from life group stopped by to work on homework with me. I just love community!

[Just look at that huge Christmas cookie!! Such great motivation for finishing that paper. :) ]

To top it all off, I have more clarity as to what next semester will look like and I'm really looking forward to going home for Christmas in two weeks - both are very exciting things. After a confusing day on Friday (see a couple posts ago), the peacefulness of today has been extremely welcomed. Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about such a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering to count our blessings and rejoice in the little things not only makes us happier, but i'm sure it warms God's heart too :) 1 Thess. 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

    ReplyDelete