Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, January 31, 2013

3 in 1

Three-in-one... this is usually a DEAL. A steal. Three things for the price of one? Suh-WEET.

When it comes to retail. Or free coffee. Or the cell phone bill. Or college degrees.

But probably NOT when it comes to livin' three days in one 24 hour chunk of time. That's just too much for my little brain to handle.

I have a class on Wednesdays from 6-8:45pm, in which we are supposed to get a ten minute break halfway through. She warned us that sometimes we will be so heavily involved in discussion on the reading material that we will not even want our break! Last night, she assumed, was one of those nights. She assumed wrong. She looked at her watch around 8:00, after discussing Victorian Literature and Jane Eyre for two hours, and announced that we don't need a break tonight. 

I was so sad.

I mean, I love Jane Eyre and discussing literature as much as the next person, but I felt like I was on my third day by that point. By the time it gets dark outside, I don't even remember the morning. When we finally finished the oh-so-invigorating literary discussion, I hurried off to my car, drove home, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. 

When my alarm went off, after almost eight hours of sleep, I was so sad again. 
Yes, eight hours. How is a person still so exhausted to the point of sadness after eight stinkin' hours?! Something is not right with this picture....

But then I chose to listen to "Today is the Day," by Lincoln Brewster, as I drove Chan to school... I just love sweet reminders of TRUTH, and I played that song intentionally because I knew I needed this particular reminder:

"This is the day the Lord has made; 
let us REJOICE and be GLAD in it." 
Psalm 118:24

Rejoice!
Not contingent on the contents or circumstances.
Simple acknowledgement that God MADE this day, regardless of how we feel about it and a call to action: REJOICE; be GLAD!

Because we have so much to be thankful for.

Because ultimately, God is in control. 

Because beauty comes from brokenness.

Because we are dust and deserve nothing; but God is full of mercy and grace and invites us to live a life of freedom.

Because our sins - all wrong doings, hurtful intentions, anything that moves us away from God - are washed away. In their place? A clean heart. Restoration.

Because His plans for you and me are GOOD. Not just a little good or sometimes good, but all the time.

Because He knows your heart intimately. He sees your sorrow and joy.

It's a choice.
[Vol25, Etsy]


2 comments:

  1. This is how I'm going to feel tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can push my selfishness aside and remember to be grateful for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate (clearly)! It's so hard to do... but SO completely rewarding. :)

    ReplyDelete