Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Morning Musings | Messed up sleep + Insecurities

Numero Uno -
Lesson Learned: Refrain *at all costs* from slipping in a two hour nap to recover from a messed up sleep schedule two days before classes start. This will probably result in over compensating for the lost sleep and cause you to be wide eyed and tossy-turny all. night. long. Not to mention the groggy-post nap feeling that might make you crave coffee at dinnertime. This, I assure you, will make matters worse. Then you just may want to cry when your electronic rooster alarm on your phone starts blaring at 5:30am. 

-------------------------------
Numero Dos - That moment of realization...
Not of greater understanding of truth or grace or love. 
Not a moment of peace or vision or direction. 
It's that moment of realizing that you acted in some way out of insecurity... maybe even knowingly at the time. Have you ever thought something like this: 
"I think that maybe the only reason I just said/did that is because I'm insecure. But I don't really know why, so I'm just going to go with it and figure it out later." 
There's just something in your 'gut' that says, "this is not right."
Sometimes I ignore those thoughts.
*cringe*
Gross. Sin is gross. This insecurity that is bubbling to the surface I think is rooted in pride. Yuck. 
It's rooted in pride and is carried out by fear of man... simply caring too much about what other people think. It's making the need for approval from other people in my life BIGGER than my fear, honor & trust in the Lord. Whatever you fear will control you, consume you.

Proverbs 29:25 "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe."



No comments:

Post a Comment