Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Return of [Thankful] Thursday!!!

1. Happy kids in the morning (and coffee. that's great in the morning, too.)

2. Yoga pants. Pretty much amazing.

3. A "Good Morning, beautiful!" text from a best friend

Kyle (my almost MARRIED brother), mom & me in Portland last Thanksgiving
4. I get to see my mom, brother & soon to be sister-in-law in 11 days! (And the rest of the family shortly after!)
My crazy sister, Dawn, and me on Christmas Eve last year -- Can't wait to see her!!!
5. Approachable professors who have a grip on reality. What a relief.

6. A day off tomorrow... sleeping in until at least 8am! :)

7. My two writing classes... they blend together so much it's like one big, exciting semester of writing (and helps me forget about my awful chemistry class)

8. This blog. I love writing. 

9. The TRUTH that my worth is not based on how well (or poorly) I do in school, what other people think of me, how much I get done in one day, or how "on top of it" I appear to be.

10. Skype with friends

11. Making pumpkin bread with the most fun five-year-old around. We're enjoying a morning of homework, baking, and working out all together! :)

12. Leaves changing colors... even if the temperature hasn't changed much yet

13. Finding the perfect birthday present for a friend

14. A slightly less busy week than last week...

15. Remnants of an incredible summer... I had a dream about a friend from my trip, two missionaries instant messaged me last night, my burdened heart for Panama and the Kuna people, one of the girls I met in Panama (the Pastor's daughter) made a picture of us her facebook profile picture... precious. I just love them. And I miss my team. And my Project Directors. But I am THANKFUL.

So much to be thankful for. 

Gratitude truly changes EVERYTHING.

{Take a minute to stop and think about what you're thankful for.}

No comments:

Post a Comment