Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Random...

I had a crazy dream last night. Actually, it was this morning. I wouldn't have had this dream if I had gotten out of bed when my alarm went off. I don't remember it going off at 5:00, but when I woke up at 6:22 my phone was in my hands so clearly I attempted to "snooze." (which NEVER works!)

In that hour and twenty two minutes (a hefty "snooze"... haha) I had a very clear dream. This is VERY abnormal for me - I only remember dreams like this probably a few times a year. Not very often. 

I dreamt that I was a team leader on a mission trip to Dubai. (Note: I have NO idea WHY Dubai... I know nothing about this country. I don't think I could even tell you where it is!) Sarah, who was my project director in Panama this summer, was also my PD in my dream. 

We got off the plane in Dubai, with what seemed like a thousand teenagers (probably remembering airport experiences this summer... haha). We didn't know that while we were in the air, the government had collapsed and/or turned hostile. Something like that. Whatever it is, it was very bad and we could get in trouble very easily.

I told the missionaries to line up along the wall - in "sliced bread," of course (this is how we organize luggage in a single file line... it made me laugh when I woke up that this was so prominent in my dream...) - but they kept standing in groups that blocked the walkway and we were getting in more trouble from security guards for taking up too much space. 

Sarah told me that our bus wasn't at the airport. The security guards were being ridiculous and Sarah was getting mad at them. That's when I woke up... crazy kids who weren't standing against the wall, in a country with a corrupt government, with no transportation to take us anywhere. 

Talk about feeling disoriented first thing in the morning! 

*I decided to do some quick research on wikipedia (not a credible resource, I know, but it serves this purpose well) on Dubai because I think it's SO random that I dreamt I was there!

"Dubai is often misperceived as a country..." oops. It's actually an emirate. An emirate is "the state or jurisdiction of an emir," which is "a ruler, chief, or commander in Islamic countries" (Webster's Dictionary). Interesting!

Anyways - just thought I'd share my crazy dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment