Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Morning Musings~

[Did you like that alliteration? Things like that make Communication/English majors, like myself, proud... like we just did something so clever. Ha!]

Monday mornings.... they have such a bad reputation. 

Dreading the week to come... 
Sad that the weekend is over...
Time to wake up early again...
Headed back to work/school...

Why must Monday mornings be so gloomy and dismal?

This morning I'm thinking about the POTENTIAL that a new week brings... and choosing to be thankful.

Sure, looking at my planner it is POTENTIALLY going to be busy, crazy, stressful, and full of late nights. 

Or, I could seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and recognize the other kinds of potential this week has: potential to share the Gospel and the love of Jesus with someone, potential to grow and be strengthened in my relationship with God, potential to encourage someone else, potential to grow and nurture friendships, potential to progress in school (uh, hopefully that is the case. ha!), potential to learn a lesson... probably a lot, too, if I'm open to it.

Everyday has all kinds of potential. 

What kind of potential depends on the angle we choose to look at...

I can acknowledge ahead of time all the kinds of potential this week has, and decide that I will be thankful for each day no matter the circumstances. Life is way more exciting this way. I don't know what's going to happen, but I can eagerly anticipate whatever it is God has for me. 

My life is in HIS hands. That's not something to dread.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I blogged something remotely similar recently thought not nearly as well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psh, I'm sure it was GREAAAAAAT! Thanks, Rhoni. :)

      Delete