Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, August 27, 2012

11 Days.... Now!

Anticipation is a good thing. :)

11 days ago I wrote about how I had that many days left until "normalcy" hit again. A normal work schedule - nannying 30ish hours per week. A normal class schedule. A normal workout schedule - back at the rec center on campus. A normal Cru schedule with meetings and events throughout the week. Hopefully a normal sleep schedule. So much normal!

As much as I have a strong love for routine and schedule and order.... I sure hope this semester is anything BUT normal. Normal is simply not enough. (Thank you, ATF Tour '11-'12) I don't want to be normal or average. I don't want to coast by or stay "under the radar." I will go against "normal" and stand out! Not "against" as in, hate those who are, but "against" as in, I don't want that for my own life. 

Though I will likely continue to operate within some kind of stable routine/schedule - that's just who I am, my hope is that I will continue to be bold this semester in living for Jesus and proclaiming truth; to bring a little light into a very dark place. I hope to be a very abnormal college student. I want to do well in school... at least do my best. But I will not let school get the best of me. Reality is, it is not my first priority, and I'm okay with that. I will be intentional in meeting new people and building relationships. I will step out as a leader and not follow the crowd in whatever the trend of the day may be.

I know WHO I am and I know WHOSE I am... I choose to remain confident in those things as I start off this new semester. I will not lose myself, my identity, my dreams in whatever may come my way in the next few months. Fall has been a difficult season the past few years, but this year will be different because I'm more prepared for what is to come. God is doing a new thing. :)

So here's to the first day of school... (my 5th year of college, ouch!) and a very ABnormal year!

I'm excited for what's to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment