Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Post-Panama: ABUNDANTLY More

Hola! Gloria Dios!

It is SO great to be back home! Two months is a LONG time... literally, it is 1/6 of the year. Plenty of time to brush up on my espanol, meet some pretty amazing people, preach from the Word of God, travel to two different San Blas islands (Nargana + Arritupu) and two different villages in the Darien Jungle (Maje + Meteti), try some delicious food (and discover how much I LOVE fried plantains!!!), run through a few airports (okay, only Miami... insane!)hear the loudest thunder of my life, sleep in a hammock, and so much more.

There are seriously no words to describe my 2-month experience in Panama this summer... In Ephesians, Paul describes God as One who is "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Eph. 3:20, NIV). I have no doubt that God's power was persistently at work in my heart, the hearts of the missionaries, and the hearts of the Panamanians. Not only that, but He surpassed our expectations - as He usually does - and gave immeasurably MORE than I could ask or imagine. Wow!!!


My heart is so full writing this as I keep getting interrupted by a conversation via facebook instant messenger with Diocelina - the sister of the Pastor we worked with in Maje - and by my own research on the history of the church on one of the islands we went to. My heart is full because I see the need. I feel the urgency. I caught just a mere glimpse of the current state of the church in the San Blas and Darien and now it is hard to be HERE in North America. It's hard to be here when I know that so many Kuna people do not have a Bible in their native language, or they may have a Bible but don't understand the importance of reading it, or even if they understand the importance, they don't really know HOW to read/study it. It's hard to be here when I know that there are many who were so close to "getting it." So close. It's hard to be here when I know that the Pastors who are serving the Lord diligently are close to burn out and need support from fellow believers in order to continue reaching the lost.



Send someone to teach them, Lord! Send workers to your harvest field!


I started out saying that it's so great to be home, but I know that if I was called to go back I would pack my bags and go in a heartbeat. The heat, sweat, bugs, crabs, bathroom situation, isolation, etc, etc... it's all worth it! These people need to hear the Gospel. They must know the Truth. They need to be FREE from the FEAR that has gripped their lives so tightly for so long.

The verses that I am holding onto from my experience in Panama --

"Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully."
2 John 8

"Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:7-8

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrifried because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

"But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."
Hebrews 10:39

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."  
Hebrews 10:35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment