Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

11 Days...

11 Days until the madness that is "normal life" hits this girl!

I was just journaling (on the back patio while eating vanilla bean ice cream w/ frozen blueberries and pureed nectarines -- YUM) and praying that God would help me to embrace these few remaining days of rest, refreshing time with friends, camping, and prep for ministry at BSU with Cru. I feel like I'm just anticipating everything to start back up again... and I'm SO excited for my new nannying schedule, for my classes (especially the writing classes!), for discipleship group/fuel/cru events, and to be able to use the gym at the rec center again. (that's my excuse for the lack of exercise in my life right now - I can't use the rec until classes start... haha)

Reality is, I really do enjoy time with friends and sleeping in and having time to go do all kinds of fun things... but on the other hand, I tend to get restless when I don't have a schedule and something going on every minute of the day. I feel unproductive. Whose standards am I trying to live by anyways?! I have to remind myself that there is purpose in the inbetween times. God can use this time to renew my heart and my mind. I'm recouperating from the amazing two months on missions and preparing for the next season of ministry. Embrace it! Not only are there good times ahead, but there are good times TODAY!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" - Philippians 4:4

This is the day the Lord has made, I will REJOICE & be GLAD in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment